Wednesday 18 March 2009

Where's my camera?!

Sound familiar? It might if you have ever been on holiday with me. We took a trip to Likpe caves today (skiving work into the bargain) but as I carefully put aside the things that I wanted to take with me, I found that my camera had walked off. I decided that my current housemates were unlikely to have hidden it from me so I proceeded to search - everywhere. This included the toilet, shower, washing line and freezer. Though I am not particularly prone to using my camera in any of these places, you do start to question your own sanity after a while. So I joined the others in the van at 7am, feeling slightly disgruntled, amidst many helpful offers of alternative cameras and suggestions as to where I could have left it.

The trip was great - it was a moderate walk up a mountain (thankfully mostly shaded) and lots of scrambling in and out of caves (one of which was full of bats, totally deterring Ali from going anywhere near it). It was right up my street and I could have climbed around the caves all day. It even came complete with rope swings and trees to climb. It could have been hard work had it not been done at Ghana speed (the guide was very concerned that he did not go too fast for us. Which he really didn't!).

We arrived back just in time for lunch - chicken and beans and pineapple. Oh and the camera? I found it in an altogether sensible place, right on my shelf where I left it :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment